Good dental care is essential throughout your life no matter what your age is. Maintaining oral hygiene is critical in avoiding tooth decay and other dental problems like gum diseases or bone loss. Your teeth start to decay when the enamel on it erodes. This erosion creates holes in your teeth can causes cavities. If you do not treat them, they can worsen and create trouble for you. In such cases, visiting a dental clinic becomes mandatory.
Preventive Dentistry is Vital
Cavities or gum disease are common and they usually start as small, minor issues, but if not treated in time they can escalate to become a severe problem. However, the good news is that if you have good dental hygiene, you can keep your teeth healthy and protect it from decay. It is affordable, easy and with simple precautions you can ensure that your teeth do not have cavities. Here are some ways to practice oral care that will keep you free from visits to dentists.
- Brush your teeth and floss daily: Brush your teeth twice a day, once before breakfast and once after dinner, which will make sure that you do not have plaque build up and bacteria that cause cavities. Your brushing ritual is not over without flossing once a day. Floss can go to the small crevices that your toothbrush cannot and this will ensure that you have no plaque and hence no decay.
- Avoid sugary foods: Sugary beverages and starchy foods react with the bacteria in the saliva to form acids that erode tooth enamel, the protective layer of your teeth which can cause decay.
- Use a mouthwash: An anti-bacterial mouthwash will be an additional boost to keep cavities at bay, by managing the bacterial levels in your mouth.
- Fluoride toothpaste: Fortified products with fluoride like toothpaste will protect and strengthen the enamel and prevent decay.
- Visit a dentist twice a year: Your teeth may look healthy and you may experience no pain, but it is imperative to visit the dentist twice a year. A dentist can spot early signs of decay and remove tartar build up that cannot be removed on your own.
A healthy body has to also have a healthy mouth. A daily care ritual will keep your smile cavity free for a lifetime. Find a dentist online at Lybrateto get regular check-ups scheduled and your oral hygiene up to date. However, in case you do need specific treatments you consult a doctor and have them treated. If you had a nagging doubt about oral hygiene that you want to get cleared up, ask a question online. With Lybrate you can easily find a dentist in Bangalore and have your dental needs taken care of.